Tooth loss remains a big oral problem globally. Even with increased sensitization on the importance of regular dental visits and care routines, many adults succumb to premature tooth loss. Thankfully, tooth replacement alternatives are numerous, so that there is something for everyone.
Dental implants have become increasingly popular and reliable for tooth replacement procedures. As patients continue to familiarize themselves with oral implants, dental experts find new ways to better employ them in restorative dentistry.
They are tooth replacement fixtures used in restorative dentistry. Ideally, an implant features a screw-like metal made of titanium. This metal post is designed for installation on the jawbone of patients, at the location of the lost tooth.
From its description, it is evident that dental implants are used for replacing a single tooth at a time. This then presents the challenge of replacing multiple lost teeth in Belvidere dental.
They are still metal fixtures installed in the jawbone of patients for replacing a lost tooth. However, the difference is in the technique and approach of these implants. Instead of using one implant for every missing tooth, an All-on-4 dentist near you will employ 8 implants.
This technique uses up to 8 dental implants to replace all the teeth in the mouth of a patient. Ideally, they are used on patients who are toothless and require a permanent tooth replacement solution.
The 8 implants used in the all-on-4 implant technique are not arranged on a row. Instead, they are strategically implanted on different locations in your mouth. 4 of the implants should be on the lower jaw, while the other four are installed on the upper jaw.
This strategy works by creating a framework where artificial teeth can properly be supported without the need for removability. Like with single oral implants, the all-on-4 implants only replace the root part of teeth.
The concept of using affordable all-on-4 dental implants cannot be successful without the use of other dental appliances. Usually, dentures are used to cover the implants, replacing the crown part of your teeth. As such, the 8 implants will act as a support framework for the dentures to be placed. This is what is also termed as permanent dentures.
It is not enough to know about how the implants function. Understanding some random facts about this implantation technique for tooth restoration can help you solidify your decision. Some of the important facts to note include:
1. They are stable – the support of the dental implants on both the lower and upper Jaws creates a steady foundation for dentures to remain in place with optimal stability.
2. They are permanent – you do not have to keep removing your dentures and deal with the embarrassment of being toothless. The implants help hold the dentures in place for the long haul.
3. They feel and look like natural teeth – hardly will anyone be able to tell that you are wearing artificial teeth. The ability of the implants to integrate with your jaw and gums makes for the perfect root replacement. Besides, they will feel more comfortable than other types of regular dentures, since they are properly pressed down to your gums because of the implants.
4. They give you a natural experience of temperature changes – you will be able to experience the differences between hot and cold foods, not to mention, the tastes of foods.
5. Adhesives are not necessary – this restorative technique will not require any dental cement or dental bonding procedures. The implants are enough to hold the dentures in place.
6. This procedure prevents bone deterioration – the bine tissue thumbs out with time when you do not have teeth. This can leave very little to work with, with the consequences of altering your facial features. Instead, the implants in your jawbone promote the regeneration of jew healthy bone tissue. This keeps the framework of the jawbone, preventing future deterioration. As a consequence, the restorative procedure helps to restore your facial features. You, therefore, enjoy the cosmetic benefits of having a new beautiful smile, as well as a youthful facial appearance.