Sedation Dentistry Belvidere, IL
Sedation dentistry refers to the sedation of a dental patient throughout a procedure. There are various forms of sedation that we may choose from, and there are different levels of sedation dentistry.
Sedation dentistry refers to the sedation of a dental patient throughout a procedure. There are various forms of sedation that we may choose from, and there are different levels of sedation dentistry. The various forms and levels of sedation all have their specific benefits and are appropriate for different situations.
Many dental patients are candidates for sedation dentistry. Please ask the staff at Brechon Dental to see if sedation dentistry is beneficial for you. We are proud to provide the comprehensive care you need to improve your dental health and are committed to making sure your experience is a positive one.
The team at Brechon Dental will embrace you as family. Being family owned for over two generations, we extend our compassion and caring concerns to all patients of all ages. We are proud to provide a wide range of dental services and have a commitment to providing these services in a manner that you become educated and comfortable with the care you are receiving, confident that we are implementing advanced technology to provide you with cutting edge services, all provided in a comfortable and caring environment. Located at 115 W. Lincoln Ave. in Belvidere, Illinois, 61008, we enjoy serving the entire community and the surrounding areas. Simply call 815-491-8032 with any dental questions or concerns and schedule your appointment today and we can discuss the benefits of sedation dentistry for anyone in your family.
It is not uncommon to feel nervous or anxious when planning a visit to the dentist. Some patients become so concerned that they neglect to schedule an appointment all together, which will simply result in more serious issues developing. Our team goal is to provide everything necessary to ensure that your visit to see us is a comfortable and calm experience. We can discuss and offer a range of sedation options.
The Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
The benefits of sedation dentistry can be substantial. One of the single most obvious benefits to sedation dentistry is the reduction of any anxiety experienced during the procedure. Sedation dentistry is beneficial because it can help reduce anxiety. Many patients put off scheduling dental appointments because the thought of having work done is anxiety provoking. Sedation dentistry helps alleviate these concerns. Sedation dentistry also removes or significantly reduces tooth and gum sensitivity, which will then reduce your gag reflexes.
Finally, sedation dentistry allows us to work faster and more effectively, which translates into a win-win situation, you will be finished quicker.
The Levels of Sedation
There are several sedation options to choose from, which include: local anesthesia, nitrous oxide, oral sedation, and intravenous sedation. The best option will be dependent on the type of procedure being performed, but basically you will be given several choices to help you feel comfortable and less anxious during your appointment.
- Mild Sedation: If our goal is simply to relieve your anxiety, then this is the preferred choice. Mild sedation typically lessens your anxiety level but can also decrease the level of discomfort experienced. In some cases, it can even eliminate the pain all together.
- Medium Sedation: Medium sedation will be a better option if the procedure is more intense or invasive. During medium sedation, you are in a much deeper state of relaxation. It is not uncommon that you can experience amnesia from this option. Because of this, someone will need to drive you home following the procedure.
Brechon Dental has been in the family for over two generations! Our experienced dentists know best when it comes to the latest in dentistry.
We understand that emergencies can happen at any given moment. We're always available to provide you with emergency dental care when you need it the most.
We want you to have convenient access to dental care; our office accepts most major insurances!
Our new practice was designed with patient comfort in mind. Step inside our office and experience our newly renovated practice first-hand!
The Types of Dental Sedation Available
The sedation options Brechon Dental offers can be classified as one of two types: conscious sedation and general anesthesia. During a procedure using conscious sedation, your consciousness is merely depressed. General anesthesia, in contrast, means that you are completely unconscious for the entire procedure. As a result, you will be unable to feel anything during the procedure and will have no memory of the procedure.
The methods available for delivering the sedation to you include:
- Nitrous Oxide: Nitrous oxide is the mildest sedation option. It is also the most common. The process for administering nitrous oxide is with the use of a mouthpiece. As the nitrous oxide is applied, you will enter a relaxed state. This process also reduces both the pain and anxiety that is often associated with procedures of this nature.
- Oral Sedation: A slightly more intense form of sedation is oral sedation. This involves the application of anxiety medication to induce a state of deeper calm for you. This effect can last for several hours after the procedure. As a result, you are not allowed to drive immediately following the procedure.
- IV Sedation: IV, or Intravenous Sedation, is the most intense form of sedation we offer. During IV Sedation, you are put into a state of unconsciousness. It will not be uncommon for you to experience bouts of amnesia both before and after the procedure. As before with the oral sedation procedure, you are not allowed to drive after the procedure.
Sedation Dentistry Suggested for These Procedures
Certain procedures, such as surgical tooth extractions, root canal treatment, periodontal surgery, and implant placement, will most likely require sedation dentistry. Along with these, the use of sedation for other procedures is oftentimes decided at the discretion of Brechon Dental. We may decide to provide sedation for procedures that may be more intensive, or we may decide to provide sedation for you if you are extremely anxious.
Family Owned, Family Friendly
Dentistry for You in Belvidere
Brechon Dental is a family-owned dental clinic at 115 W. Lincoln Ave. in Belvidere, Illinois, 61008. Our highly compassionate staff and dentists are genuinely dedicated to your dental care and your healthy smile. When you visit us in our newly designed office, we focus on making your experience with our staff comfortable and rewarding. We wish for you to leave your visit smiling, with teeth that are healthier and brighter. From regular examinations and dental cleanings to a variety of cosmetic procedures, our goal is to provide you with only the best in dental care and treatments so that you achieve and maintain a smile you are proud of. We want you to have convenient access to dental care by accepting most major insurances and offering financing options. Call 815-491-8032 to schedule your appointment with Brechon Dental today.