Full mouth reconstruction, full mouth rehabilitation, and full mouth restoration are terms that are all used to describe the restoration of all the teeth in the upper jaw or lower jaw and it requires a total rebuild of your teeth.
Full mouth reconstruction, full mouth rehabilitation, and full mouth restoration are terms that are all used to describe the restoration of all the teeth in the upper jaw or lower jaw and it requires a total rebuild of your teeth. Brechon Dental offer procedures like All On 4 dental implants, crowns, bridges, and veneers.
The team at Brechon Dental will embrace you as family. Being family owned for over two generations, we extend our compassion and caring concerns to all patients of all ages. Located at 115 W. Lincoln Ave. in Belvidere, Illinois, 61008, we enjoy serving the entire community and the surrounding areas. Simply call 815-491-8032 with any dental questions or concerns and schedule your appointment today for an examination to see if you might benefit from a full mouth reconstruction.
With full mouth reconstruction at Brechon Dental, you can have a smile makeover composed by our experienced dentists. We will begin with an in-depth consultation with you to clearly understand your goals and any concerns about your oral health. When creating your treatment plan, we will consider older restorations that may need to be replaced, any gum disease, if you suffer from teeth grinding, and any untreated issues that have influenced a less than healthy smile.
Once we have identified the issues and gone over recommended solutions, we will take photos of your smile and create a virtual image as a mock-up of your finalized treatment.
The Full Mouth Reconstruction Process
If you have been told that you may possibly need a full mouth restoration or full mouth reconstruction, call Brechon Dental today for a consultation. Our certified staff will do a full consultation and exam to find out what procedures would give you the best results. We may also only recommend solutions that we feel will help your body health as a whole and solutions that are more permanent, so the issues do not return. We will examine the following to determine whether you need full mouth reconstruction dental treatment:
- Teeth: The first step is to do a full examination of your teeth. We will be looking for any cracks, teeth wear and tear, cavities, and more. It may be recommended to get other dental procedures during this time such as crowns, dental bridges, veneers, or other restorative treatment.
- Periodontal Disease: We will examine your mouth to determine if you have any gum disease or bacterial infections in your mouth. We might recommend a treatment such as deep cleaning, scaling, or root planing to treat your gum disease first. We want to find any deep pockets or weaknesses in the bone before doing full mouth reconstruction treatment.
- Your Bite: When you bite down on food or just in general, it should not cause you any pain or discomfort. Occlusal changes in your bite alignment need to be addressed first before receiving restoration treatments. In some cases, Brechon Dental may recommend orthodontics or a simple night guard to correct occlusion before restorative procedures can be performed.
- Aesthetics: A full exam on how your mouth, teeth, and jaws may look aesthetically. We will be looking for any irregularities, such as the sizes and proportions of your teeth, the front and side profiles of your face, as well as any bone atrophy that might be causing sagging or drooping.
Brechon Dental will need to look at your overall records and history of your teeth, bite alignment, and overall hygiene. We will take new impressions of your bite to determine any unusual activity going on with any movement of your teeth. X-rays will also be captured to identify underlying issues with your mouth. Our goal is to create the best treatment plan for you. Your treatment program will be custom tailored for you.
After we receive all the information from your history and the notes from the examination, we will develop a step-by-step treatment plan to complete your full mouth reconstruction. Brechon Dental will give you a written description of the proposed treatment plan for your review. If you do not understand something in the plan, our team of experts are here to help you answer any questions.
Brechon Dental has been in the family for over two generations! Our experienced dentists know best when it comes to the latest in dentistry.
We understand that emergencies can happen at any given moment. We're always available to provide you with emergency dental care when you need it the most.
We want you to have convenient access to dental care; our office accepts most major insurances!
Our new practice was designed with patient comfort in mind. Step inside our office and experience our newly renovated practice first-hand!
Are You a Candidate for a Full Mouth Reconstruction?
There are many reasons you may need a full mouth reconstruction and rehabilitation and a few of those reasons are:
- If you have lost teeth through bacterial decay, trauma, or infection of your gums and mouth.
- Your teeth are cracked, chipped, injured, or fractured to the point that they are unrecoverable.
- The wearing down of the enamel. This can be a result of too much acid erosion from drinking soda or eating acidic foods such as citrus fruit and others. Tooth grinding during the day or in your sleep is also a factor in the erosion of your natural enamel.
- If you experience severe pain associated from TMJ and your natural ability to bite correctly.
What Dental Procedures Are Used in Full Mouth Reconstruction?
There is no set list of procedures to do for a full mouth reconstruction as each person is unique and has a unique set of issues and problems. When talking about doing a full mouth reconstruction, your treatment plan is going to take several appointments and discussions. There are a variety of possible treatments that might be recommended, and some are listed below:
- Temporary Restorations.
- Gum contouring.
- Teeth cleaning and periodontal care.
- Crowns Bridges, Inlays, Veneers.
- Orthodontics – braces ideally position teeth.
- Bone Grafting – also soft tissue grafting (LAPT).
- Dental implants – a variety of options that begin with implants.
Family Owned, Family Friendly
Dentistry for You in Belvidere
Brechon Dental is a family-owned dental clinic at 115 W. Lincoln Ave. in Belvidere, Illinois, 61008. Our highly compassionate staff and dentists are genuinely dedicated to your dental care and your healthy smile. When you visit us in our newly designed office, we focus on making your experience with our staff comfortable and rewarding. We wish for you to leave your visit smiling, with teeth that are healthier and brighter. From regular examinations and dental cleanings to a variety of cosmetic procedures, our goal is to provide you with only the best in dental care and treatments so that you achieve and maintain a smile you are proud of. We want you to have convenient access to dental care by accepting most major insurances and offering financing options. Call 815-491-8032 to schedule your appointment with Brechon Dental today.