Porcelain veneers are wafer thin, slender pieces of porcelain that lay directly on the front surface of your natural teeth.
Porcelain veneers are wafer thin, slender pieces of porcelain that lay directly on the front surface of your natural teeth. These pieces are bonded on the existing tooth and can serve as an alternative to traditional crowns.
If you are looking to improve aesthetic dental concerns regarding the color, spacing, and even the size of your teeth, you are an ideal candidate for porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers can improve any cosmetic issue ranging from broken or chipped teeth, tooth spacing, mild crowding, and discoloration.
The team at Brechon Dental will embrace you as family. Being family owned for over two generations, we extend our compassion and caring concerns to all patients of all ages. We are proud to provide a wide range of dental services and have a commitment to providing these services in a manner that you become educated and comfortable with the care you are receiving, confident that we are implementing advanced technology to provide you with cutting edge services, all provided in a comfortable and caring environment. Located at 115 W. Lincoln Ave. in Belvidere, Illinois, 61008, we enjoy serving the entire community and the surrounding areas. Simply call 815-491-8032 with any dental questions or concerns and schedule your appointment today to see if you might benefit from porcelain veneers.
The Porcelain Veneers Process
- There are three steps of the porcelain veneer procedure: a consultation, the preparation, and the final placement.
- The Consultation- To make sure that veneers are right for you, you will want to start by making a consultation appointment with Brechon Dental. Discussing your treatment goals at this meeting will help determine if aesthetic veneers are an appropriate solution. We will also review the veneer types and color shades available based on your budget and your desired objective.
- The Preparation- In the preparation visit, we will start by making room for the veneers to be placed over your teeth. In doing this, we will remove a razor-thin layer of the tooth enamel. This procedure is usually painless, but we can give you the option for anesthesia if you are feeling uncomfortable. Next, we will take an impression of your teeth as a guide in helping to create the new shape you are looking for with the porcelain veneers. Brechon Dental will also choose the appropriate shade of porcelain to match the current color of your teeth or your selected color if you are correcting discoloration. Your veneers will next be fabricated at the dental lab.
- Placement- The final appointment is fun. Your porcelain veneers will be ready for placement, and you will get to leave with your new healthy smile. First, we will make sure the veneers match the color and shape desired. We may need to trim slightly before the bonding begins if they appear to need slight modification. After the veneers meet all qualifications, Brechon Dental will need to prepare your teeth by doing a general cleaning, polishing, and etching of the teeth. Etching means to roughen up the front surface by using an abrasive dental liquid for the veneers to adhere to the teeth.
Once this prep work is completed, a bonding cement will be applied before placing the veneers over the teeth. If the cement needs assistance in drying, a blue light will be used to quicken the curing process. When the cement has cured, you are finished.
Proper Aftercare and Any Side Effects
You may experience tooth sensitivity after your veneers are placed when coming in contact with hot or cold foods or drinks. This side effect will subside in a few weeks, but make sure to check in with us if the sensation continues.
After achieving this new smile you have been waiting for, you will want to make sure you are taking the time to maintain your veneers to ensure a long-lasting result. If you grind your teeth at night you should always wear a night guard while sleeping. Veneers do not do well when clenched and twisted simultaneously and can result in cracking or fracturing. You will also be encouraged to avoid hard foods such as dense nuts or ice that can cause stress on the veneers causing failure.
Brechon Dental has been in the family for over two generations! Our experienced dentists know best when it comes to the latest in dentistry.
We understand that emergencies can happen at any given moment. We're always available to provide you with emergency dental care when you need it the most.
We want you to have convenient access to dental care; our office accepts most major insurances!
Our new practice was designed with patient comfort in mind. Step inside our office and experience our newly renovated practice first-hand!
The Different Types of Veneers Available
There are a variety of veneers available to achieve your perfect smile. You will want to review all the different types with Brechon Dental during the consultation to make sure you choose the best option for your lifestyle:
- Porcelain- The most popular choice of the veneer types, porcelain is both a durable and long-lasting option. The ceramic layers are usually comprised of dentin and enamel to portray a natural look and excellent fit. There will be some reduction in the natural tooth size with this option which might not be the best option for some patients.
- Prepless- This type of veneer requires no removal of any enamel before the placement. Prepless veneer shells are very thin porcelain pieces that lay over the natural teeth just like traditional porcelain veneers. If you are looking to correct several dental issues you may not be the best candidate for this option. It can be discussed at your initial evaluation.
- Minimal Prep- As the title indicates, minimal prep veneers can be placed with little preparation to the teeth before bonding. A tiny amount of the teeth must be removed before the veneers are placed, allowing you the option of keeping your natural tooth structure in comparison to traditional porcelain veneers.
- Composite- If you are looking for a more affordable veneer restoration, composite veneers can be a great option. There is little to zero preparation needed for the teeth before placing this restoration. Composite veneers can be just as effective in correcting your dental concerns. They will not last as long as porcelain, requiring replacement in five to ten years.
Family Owned, Family Friendly
Dentistry for You in Belvidere
Brechon Dental is a family-owned dental clinic at 115 W. Lincoln Ave. in Belvidere, Illinois, 61008. Our highly compassionate staff and dentists are genuinely dedicated to your dental care and your healthy smile. When you visit us in our newly designed office, we focus on making your experience with our staff comfortable and rewarding. We wish for you to leave your visit smiling, with teeth that are healthier and brighter. From regular examinations and dental cleanings to a variety of cosmetic procedures, our goal is to provide you with only the best in dental care and treatments so that you achieve and maintain a smile you are proud of. We want you to have convenient access to dental care by accepting most major insurances and offering financing options. Call 815-491-8032 to schedule your appointment with Brechon Dental today.