We are happy to be able to resume treating our patients after the COVID-19 pandemic. We would like to take this opportunity to outline a few changes you will experience during your appointment.
1. We have added additional personal protective equipment for our staff to keep you and our staff safe. This includes upgraded masks, surgical gowns, and face shields. We have added high speed evacuation systems and air purification systems to keep aerosols to a minimum. We have also stepped up our disinfection of the office and use a UV light to further kill any viruses or bacteria. Links to more information about these systems is included below.
2. We are offering limited appointments during this social distancing period, so it is extremely important that you provide a minimum of 48 hours notice if you cannot keep your appointment. If you have experienced any Covid-19 symptoms or been outside of the state of IL in the past two weeks please reschedule your appointment.
3. When you arrive for your visit, please remain in your vehicle and phone the office to let us know you have arrived. Someone will come out to your vehicle when we are ready for you, ask a few screening questions and take your temperature. Once you are cleared for your appointment, you will be given a mask to wear and be escorted into the office for your visit. If anyone accompanies you to your visit, they will be asked to wait in your vehicle. Minor children can be accompanied inside the office by one adult.
4. Please keep personal belongings that you bring with you to a minimum.
5. We recommend using a credit or debit card for your copayment to reduce exchanging checks or cash that could carry contaminants.
6. As our staff is now wearing additional layers of protective equipment, the office temperature may be somewhat cooler, so bringing a sweater or light jacket to wear during your appointment is recommended.
We understand that these changes may seem extreme, but the health and safety of our patients and our staff remains our top priority. We feel that these steps are necessary in order for us to resume patient care as soon as possible. If you have any questions about your upcoming visit, please give the office a call.